   RE: XML Schemas: Best Practices

  • From: johns@syscore.com (John F. Schlesinger)
  • To: 'Caroline Clewlow' <cclewlow@eris.dera.gov.uk>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:09:20 -0400

Caroline wrote:
"The way in which I saw it was that a 'class' would indeed by
analogous to the 'type' definition..."

The FpML Architecture
(http://www.fpml.org/spec/2000/tr-fpml-arch-1-0-2000-09-25/index.html - you
have to register) from September of this year in its content model has a
fairly thorough set of guidelines for taking the elements of a UML Class
diagram and representing them in XML - they include aggregation, subtypes,
classes, association and aggregation of subtypes.

Yours,
John F Schlesinger
SysCore Solutions
212 619 5200 x 219