   Re: Grouping

  • From: Ronald Bourret <rpbourret@rpbourret.com>
  • To: cgfield <cgfield@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:50:47 -0700

What product are you using to transfer your data from the database (ADO,
XML-DBMS, XML SQL Utility for Java, any one of many Web page template
languages, etc.)?

Assuming your data is in a relational database and your schema looks
something like this:

   Table: Products
   Column: ProductID

   Table: Properties
   Columns: ProductID
            codetype
            code

it should be very easy to generate XML that looks like this:

   <order>
      <product>
         <id>1</id>
         <codetype>COLOR</codetype>