   Re: standards body parallel

  • From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:31:29 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com>

> isn't adopted, it isn't a standard. If the major companies don't buy into
> it, and use something different, then there is no one standard.

... and the major companies are providing the support for
the following W3C standards : .... Wait a minute ....

What W3C standards / recommendations are supported
by the major companies?

I can't remember any. First I thought about XSLT, but
then I realized that XSLT is just a part of XSL and because
nobody provides support to XSL FO this means I can not
say that.

Then I thought about SAX, but SAX is not a standard of W3C.

So this means that ...  Who said 'XML is in beta-testing' ?

Rgds.Paul.