   RE: standards body parallel

  • From: Dan Mabbutt <Seigfried@msn.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:23:58 -0600

I hesitate to post because I'm awed by the caliber of the members of this
list.  But as a member of the community of lurkers, I would like to
congratulate the principal participants such as Simon, Len, Johnathan, Rick,
and Daniel for maintaining a high level of intellectual debate that is
enormously educational for someone like me who is just trying to become
informed. In spite of the deeply held convictions evident here, only one
post (Lisa Rein) has degenerated to a level of name calling and personality
assassination so common in other forums. In fact, this is a point in favor
of the openness that Simon has been defending.  It shows that a public forum
can occasionally maintain high standards of participation.

I just wanted to let you all know that there is an audience out there and at
least one of us appreciates this opportunity to read and learn very much.