   Re: standards body parallel

  • From: Lisa Rein <lisarein@finetuning.com>
  • To: Dan Mabbutt <Seigfried@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:45:56 -0700

Hello All:

That posting yesterday was supposed to be a personal chiding for Simon's
eyes only.  To make matters worse, my ISP was having trouble yesterday
with its mail server, and I had no knowlege of it posting to the public
list until about a half hour ago, when my ISP decided to tell me about
the problem and send me the rest of yesterday's mail.

To make matters worse, the posting I meant to send to the list doesn't
seem to have ever posted.  That's why i sent that test message
afterwards -- to confirm that my mail server and/or xml-dev was having
problems since my response didn't post.

I would never have intentionally posted such a haphazard emotional
response, complete with what could be interpreted out of context as a
personal attack (referring to Simon's "paranoid delusions"). However, I
would like to point out that there was no name calling!  (I don't call
people names even in personal mailings :-)

Regardless of the technical difficulties that followed, it was still a
careless action on my part to make the first response public.  I have
already apologized to Simon personally, and I'd like to apologize now to
everyone on this list.

Thanks,

lisa