   Re: RDF, the "semantic web",and the nadir of AI (was RE:Realisticproposa

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:15:23 +0800

Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM wrote:

>      ...But above and beyond, there's still one name left over
>      And that is the name that you never will guess
>      A name that no human research can discover
>      But the cat himself knows, and will never confess
>           -- Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats; pls. pardon any glitches
> in the quote.

I think that is in the XML Schema spec!

"A [feline item] MUST have an anonymous [Ur-Name] which MUST NOT be a
[resource] (i.e., it cannot have an {absolute or relative [URI
reference]}, {or} [type] derived from that whether by restriction {{or}}
vacuous extension or by [obtaining] things, especially [foreign keys]).
This property is private and final {{[to]}} the information item object
type definition redefinition definition definition declaration; an API
MUST not make [{[{|it|}]}] available{{.}}"
   W3C XML Schemas: Structures chapter 8, Practical Items

But would we really prefer T.S. Elliot to write our specs? :-)

Rick Jelliffe