   Re: RDF, the "semantic web",and the nadir of AI (was RE:Realisticproposa

  • From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@home.com>
  • To: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:24:23 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick JELLIFFE" <ricko@geotempo.com>
Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: RDF, the "semantic web",and the nadir of AI
(was RE:Realistic proposals to the W3C?)

> Joseph Kesselman/Watson/IBM wrote:
>

> >      ...But above and beyond, there's still one name
left over
> >      And that is the name that you never will guess
> >      A name that no human research can discover
> >      But the cat himself knows, and will never confess
> >           -- Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats; pls.
pardon any glitches
> > in the quote.
>
> I think that is in the XML Schema spec!
>
> But would we really prefer T.S. Elliot to write our specs?
:-)

Yes, maybe it would be better  -

"Property names must be associated with a schema. This can
be done by qualifying the element names with a namespace
prefix to unambiguously connect the property definition with
the corresponding RDF schema or by declaring a default
namespace as specified in [NAMESPACES]."

A Property Name must have a home
It's qualified, as you must know
By a prefix for some good schema
Or its namespace will be a default.