   Re: Is it just me...

  • From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:42:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>

> ...or does the payload ratio - payload being technical content of
> interest to XML developers, in their role as developers - seem kind
> of low around here these days?  Until recently, I hadn't been in the
> habit of deleting dozens of xml-dev postings at a time, unread. -Tim

Do I understand right this means you can point me to some
W3C document describing the design of  the new 'semantics'
web?

Maybe there is some paper that answers a simple questions
like :

- The semantics web is : ... ?
- Current web is built with CGI , HTTP and HTML ( that's why
it is not 'semantics Web').
- To get 'semantics Web' we will layer the protocol
x... on HTTP ( or : we will replace HTTP with the protocol x... )
- XSLT is not supposed to be used for anything but rendering
to XSL FO.
 e t.c.

Rgds.Paul.

PS.

I found some letters from this 'thread' to be extremely useful and
interesting from technical point of view, because for the first
time I see some interesting attempts to concentrate on
understanding  what is XML 'invention' about and how did we
got the situation that we have. And what to expect.
I'm very glad some people shared their memories and views.

PPS. Anyway there was no traffic for a while.