   Re: Soft Landing

  • From: Joe English <jenglish@flightlab.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:06:06 -0700

Dave Winer wrote:

> I wonder if anyone is interested in trying to set up a mini-Semantic Web of
> content describing the people on this list, what their interests are, what
> software they use, who else they know, etc. My poor little mind needs to try
> something pragmatic to figure out what all this stuff means. Dave

This sounds like a *very* interesting experiment.
I'll join in by putting up a publically-accessible RDF
file detailing the above information about myself.

And, to introduce the first technical hurdles that I see,
I'm not going to tell anyone where I put it or what
vocabulary I used :-)

(I'll modify my entry to use an appropriate schema and
register it with the appropriate repository as these details
get hammered out, of course -- this really does sound like an
interesting experiment.)

I'm also not entirely sure what the mini-SW would be good for.
The only thing I can think of at the moment is that it would
let me find out (for example) which xml-dev'ers are interested
in (say) Haskell and functional programming, but that query
could just as easily be resolved by asking "Hey!  Anyone else
into Haskell around here?" :-)

But that's just due to a lack of imagination on my part.
It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com