   A beginning to a Soft Landing for the Semantic Web

  • From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:30:41 -0700

Sorry for not participating in this continuing thread, I had a hard disk crash shortly after posting the message, and I'm just now getting back online.

I have an example of something we could do as a trial run for the Semantic Web.

Yesterday I posted a Web page that listed the software I used, saying what I used it for, how frequently I used it, and whether or not it is open source. Here's the URL.

Implicitly I invited others to do the same. Tom Van Alten took up the offer.

Now there's a common HTML format. I would be happy to put the same information online in XML format if someone else tells me exactly what to put up.

If others do it, we could get some idea of what software people who are interested in XML use.

Dave