   Re: Schema at XML namespace URI to change

  • From: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:12:15 +0100

<snip/>

> It also appears to establish 'facts on the ground' regarding the use
> of namespaces without the need for a formal W3C process.

My announcement doesn't signal the establishment of any new 'facts on
the ground' in the area of what's at namespace URIs.  There has been an
XML Schema document at http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.xsd for
over a year now.  Furthermore, as I said in my message, this change
came about _according_ to a formal W3C process, namely an XML Schema
Working Group vote.

ht