   Re: Mapping XHTML to XLink via Architectural Forms

  • From: "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@coolheads.com>
  • To: simonstl@simonstl.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 23:25:15 -0600

> >Is there any clear, simple explanation of what Architectural Forms
> >are out there?  (Whatever I've encountered so far hasn't been clear
> >enough to click.)

> My favorite explanation of them is in the end of David Megginson's
> _Structuring XML Documents_ (Prentice-Hall: 0136422993, 1998).

> He also has a good deal of information about them, along with a simple
> processor, at:
> http://www.megginson.com/XAF/index.html

And let's not forget that Steve Newcomb's rather chatty AF materials,
including a simple working example, can be found at
http://www.hytime.org/SPt/.  Also at the same address is a powerful
parser for Linux, Solaris and Windows, "SPt": it's SP with some
TechnoTeacher-contributed enhancements that allow ISO standard
architectural forms to be exploited in ways that fully conform to
W3C-Recommended XML 1.0.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
srn@coolheads.com

voice: +1 972 359 8160
fax:   +1 972 359 0270

405 Flagler Court
Allen, Texas 75013-2821 USA

"We're not exactly anti-schema, but we're sure pro-DTD."
 -- doctypes.org