   Document Root

  • From: John Prout <jprout@onepage.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:02:13 -0800

Title: Document Root

Greetings

I was just using the latest version of XSV on the W3C site to validate an XML Schema. A warning it reported was :

"No declaration for document root was found, validation was lax"

Does anyone know what causes this warning ? Is it saying that I need to declare the root element for a document in the Schema ? I can't find any reference to this in the XML Schemas documents.

Any help appreciated.

John Prout