   Re: Procedural vs Declarative XML transformation approaches

  • From: Richard Lanyon <rgl@decisionsoft.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 09:45:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> I tried to cover a little bit of this in both my xml.com article on
> XPathScript [1], and my AxKit talk at ApacheCon.

XML Script (http://www.xmlscript.org/) is another procedural language
written for XML in XML. It's looking a bit basic these days, which is
because we (DecisionSoft Ltd) are in the process of creating a version
2 of the language rather than updating version 1. There will be an
article on v2 in XML-Journal soon (probably the December
issue). Suffice it to say that XML Script does allow you to reassign
variables...

--
Richard Lanyon (Software Engineer) |     "The medium is the message"
XML Script development,            |             - Marshall McLuhan