   RE: DTD or XML Schema editor recommendations (Win32)

  • From: "Hodder, Ed" <Ed.Hodder@Bowne.com>
  • To: "XML-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:10:22 -0500

> My ideal
> - text based (ie typed input)
> - syntax checking as you type
> - syntax coloring of content, highlighting errors as you go
> - autocompletion menus (eg where #REQUIRED | #IMPLIED |
> #FIXED would go I
> get a pop up menu as I type containing these items)
>
> Is there anything out there with these features for Windows NT?

Not having used anything but XMLSpy (newbie) this isn't a recommendation
but:

It is text based, does have coloring and autocompletion popup menues for
schemas. Are we using the same version of the beta? I haven't created a DTD
and don't plan to if I can avoid it, so maybe that module doesn't have
autocompletion?

Ed