   An open plea to Michael Sperberg-McQueen

  • From: Sam Hunting <sam_hunting@yahoo.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:13:15 -0800 (PST)

To understand how committees really work, we have the work of the
pioneering British sociologists C. Northcote Parkinson and Stephen
Potter, and of course the great humorists CP Snow (British) and VI
Lenin (Russian).

However, your vivid closing keynote address at SGML 99 in Philadelphia
is to my knowledge the only source of information on how committees
work in the specifications- and standards-making processes.

Would it be possible to post your keynote on-line, in any form? Even
rough notes would provide a newbie like myself with a suitable
hermeneutic for the committee process.

Best regards!
Sam Hunting

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->