   Re: Real XML Site

  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:45:46 +0100

Tim,

Tim Bray wrote:

> At 02:18 PM 13/12/00 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
> >The pages are very different based on the browsers we're using, so at least
> >the concept of divorced content is being used. There's almost no way short
> >of asking to find out what's going on behing the scenes, is there?
>
> Probably Dynabase, just like infoworld.com; it's the only product
> I know of that serves HTML pages with the .xml extension (a practice
> that seems more than a little weird to me). -T

Most of the XSLT servlets are doing so, at least in their basic
configurations.

As Didier mentioned, the source document is really a XML document that
is transformed on the server.

It can be seen as weird, but not more that serving HTML documents with
.php or .asp extensions since in this case it's also the result and not
the source that is sent to the browser.

Eric