   Re: Real XML Site

  • From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • To: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:24:53 +0100

Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:

> [...]

Yes, and also does "GET /some.xml" mean

1) "get the document named 'some.xml'" or
2) "get your representation of the document named 'some.xml'" ?

Case 1) means that no transformation should be done and the raw document
should be sent.

In case 2) it is expected that a transformation is done to present the
document and therefore its type may be changed.

I personally handle "GET /some.xml" in the second meaning in my sites
thinking I can give more added value like this...

Eric