   Re: quick proposal

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:49:01 -0500

At 11:35 AM 12/31/00 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>At 05:16 PM 30/12/00 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>>Sounds good.  I've got a slightly lighter suggestion.  The document at the
>>namespace URI could be any well-formed XML, but the only content in it
>>which matters for purposes of automated processing is simple XLinks.
>
>Hm... I'd like to force some aspects of HTML down  their throats
>to make it clear that it's an expectation that there be some
>human-readable documentation. -Tim

Fair enough, and I'm utterly sympathetic to that expectation.  I'm just
pondering how to make this play somewhat nice with the schema-at-the-URI
approach Rick Jelliffe notes as being in the field already.

Maybe XHTML inside of an xsd:documentation element, or links inside the
appInfo... too many possibilities, none necessarily incompatible.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML