Re: Namespace related-resource bundles: just the one?

Well, until I get my dump of XML-DEV mail for the last 24 hours (others
have confirmed this listserv bug in private)...

> > > As a consequence it looks as though we wouldn't be able to take
> > > an _existing_ document instance (which already references a
> > > resource bundle via it's namespace URI) and, for example,
> > > associate it with a different XML or RDF schema without
> > > negotiating with the controllers of the existing bundle URI.

> I was thinking in terms of an entity resolver which would by default
> dereference a namespace URI to get the catalog, but could be given a local
> catalog as an override.
>
> I was also thinking that a parser might associate a catalog with each
> namespace and use the appropriate catalog depending on the element being
> parsed.

I prefer the PI approach to this because it allows one to codify and
distribute namespace catalog alternatives without needing to distribute
code, and in a more transparent way.  I thinkk, however, there is plenty
of room for both approaches.