Re: schemas: can I restrict an elem's content based on att value?

> In general, no, unless the attribute is "xsi:type" which would be appropriate
> for your example.

this really confused me --
are you saying I can constrain an elements contents by putting an xsi:type
attribute in my *instance* document?

what if the element is already constrained (by the referenced schema)?? can
I only add an xsi:type that restricts, or can I completely redefine it?

I'd appreciate any examples or pointers to the releveant sections of the CR.

thanks,
Imran Rashid