RE: Resource Gloss (Human Readable)

> From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]
> [...]
> OTOH it might be that the job of saying "What are the associated
> for this namespace?" and "What is the local meaning of this
> system id or public id?" are actually quite orthogonal, and should
> be handled by separate mechanisms.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Perhaps I'm naive on this, but I think
there are many who will choose to deal exclusively (as much as possible)
with schemas and namespaces (and undoubtedly many who will choose to stick
with DTDs and Entity IDs). For those who only want to deal with schemas and
namespaces, of what use to them is a catalog that just binds system IDs to
public entity IDs?