[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
XPath: how to select based on element type?
- From: Sankaranarayanan K V <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:24:38 +0530
I am fairly new to XPath and XML schema.
I have a couple of newbie questions:
(1) Is there a way a in XPath to select nodes based on their element type?
(2) My second question is on the proper use of XML schema:
Say, we are modeling a line segment in geometry.
To give an example, should it look like
with a and b being of type Point (specified in a scheme definition) and
x and y of some appropriate simple type.
If we are following an approach as that in (b), how do we represent
sequences of arbitrary length -- e.g., a polyline figure.
If one is following an approach as that in (a), how are scheme types
helpful? Should one have elements corresponding to each schema type?
Sankaranarayanan K. V. | email@example.com
Motorola India Electronics Ltd | http://www.mot.com/miel