RE: And the DTD says, "I'm NOT dead yet!!"

We don't have to move XML to ISO.  Guaranteeing
process and guaranteeing a method for assessing
the changes to the specs are needed.  Ostensibly,
there is an XML group that steers these things.
I'd simply like more clarity when it comes to future
work particularly if we have to keep ripping out
pieces to fit.   So far, for all the rant on
the death of DTDs, the role they play as the
bridge from the syntax to structure has not
been fulfilled.  XML Schemas is an application
language, a vocabulary, not the bridge.

Build a simpler bridge.  That I will welcome
as progress, but before the DTDs go away,
we need some reasonable design for that bridge.

No handwaving or mandates by negative requirements
this time.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.