Re: Traffic Analysis and Namespace Dereferencing

/ ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) was heard to say:
| Norm and I have a long-standing disagreement about catalogues.  I much
| prefer the local caching proxy approach, as it works for any software
| which accesses any aspect of the web through the standard libraries.

But I see that as part of the problem. I don't want todays' Dilbert to
push some schema or stylesheet out of my cache. Especially since I
might not notice until I was disconnected.

Schemas, stylesheets, DTDs, and other files necessary for a production
XML system are "special". I want fine-grained control over where
they're stored and when they are accessed. (Especially since it's
often convenient to cheat; to change the catalog, for example, when a
new version of DocBook is released so that old FPIs and system
identifiers point to the new DTD.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM | Why shouldn't things be largely absurd,
XML Technology Center     | futile, and transitory? They are so, and we