From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 1:55 PM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: SyncML is kind of interesting

 Check out http://www.syncml.org/

There are a lot of heavyweights behind this.  Looks like a
nice sensibly-designed language, not that I know anything
about syncing PDAs.

Interestingly, their namespace URI points at a DTD
(although SyncML messages need not be valid), and yet
the page at http://www.syncml.org/downloads.html seems like
strong evidence why something like RDDL is a good idea.

Sadly, they allow WAP's binary-XML representation, although
it seems obvious that there are better ways to compress XML
than replacing tags with numbers.  -Tim