Re: Place under sun (was: XPointer and Sun patent)

Hello

Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com wrote:

> So, it's not a matter of the "W3C" agreeing or disagreeing with any of
> this, it's mainly a matter of whether any members commit the resources
> to help make it happen.  As near as I can tell, that's how the W3C
> "draws the line" between what gets done and what doesn't.

Several times the "lack of resources" in W3C was mentioned on this
thread. A little bit surprising, given that "... Most companies in the
XML/Web industry have an interest in public, vendor-independent,
interoperable Web-based technologies, and virtually all join the W3C in
hopes of furthering their development."

The matter of fact is, that W3C unites the most powerful industrial
leaders, and that corporations - members of W3C - control tremenduous
resources. On the other hand, few biggest companies participating in W3C
have very solid experience in C++.

I cannot understand, how resource limitations or C++ technical issues
(real or imaginary) could prevent building of specification for C++ DOM
binding.

Kind regards,

Alexey