Re: DTD Inheritance..

Are you just trying to build upon DTDs? I describe my documents using many
information types to create a single document layout. You could do
something like this:

DTD A extends DTD B

DTD A describes a car, which has an engine, wheels, and a steering wheel.
DTD B describes an engine in detail. It has sprockets and thingamajigs.

DTDA:
<!ELEMENT car (engine, wheel+, steering_wheel)>
<!ELEMENT wheel (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT steering_wheel (#PCDATA)>
<!ENTITY % engine SYSTEM "file:B.dtd">
%engine;

DTDB:
<!ELEMENT engine (sprocket+, thingamajig+)>
<!ELEMENT sprocket (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT thingamajig (#PCDATA)>

I know that using Oracle and Apache parsers, XML Spy, and IE 5.5 all
automatically have DTD A include DTD B. Is this what you are looking for?

-Pat