RE: XML DOM Object size limitations

At 2:51 PM -0700 1/24/01, Newsha Makooi wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>What is the XML DOM Objects' size limitations (if any)?
>
>When attempting to load a well-formatted XML string
>(DOMObj.loadXML(myXMLStrin)) of 6MB or bigger, the loadXML fails.
>Is there a particular reason for this?  Is my XML too big to load?
>Is there a size limitation at all?
>
>All response and thoughts on this are appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Newsha Makooi

I'm not sure if this is related, but I know we had a problem here when the size
of the DOM object exceeded the amount of available memory. That was a file
several orders of magnitude biger than 6 megs, though. Do you have more
than 6 megs of available memory when the load fails?
--

--Chris

Texterity ~ XML and PDF ePublishing Services
Chris Loschen, XML Developer
Texterity, Inc.
144 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 USA