Re: [RDDL] Java Object Model

Potentially naive question:

Is the use of a SortedMap (TreeMap in general) simply for listing the keys
or is there an explicit reason this interface was chosen.  Reading the
TreeMap JavaDoc it says that it sorts the keys in natural order but can be
modified with a comparator.   Is "natural order" the order by which the
items were read into the cahce?  Or are they typically going to sorted with
an order of importance-- one schema type before another?

I am looking to implement the API in another language and am trying to
figure out what type of List I should return as I don't have a SortedMap
class.

Sorry if this message proves flammable... <grin/>

Thanks,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems