XML editors: a spec. [was: Suggestions for XML editors]

Michael Smith [mailto:smith@xml-doc.org] writes:

> It would be good to have an ongoing discussion about criteria for
> editors, maybe eventually come up with an informal document describing
> expected application behavior, and rationale for why it's expected.

Not so complete as what Michael wants, but I put together a list of features
for editors.
I concentrated on the features rarely or nowhere available, but highly
desirable.
Free software developpers (and commercial products managers) should have a
look at this.

http://wwbota.free.fr/editor-spec.htm

I'm willing to maintain this sort of specification, so contributions
wellcome...