RE: What is the advantage of RELAX in comparison to Schemas?

> I'd like to think that the Schema WG might reconsider its decision to
> omit context-aware constraints, though I'm aware that it's unlikely to
> happen any time soon.

In the meantime, XML Schema has well defined extension mechanisms through
either the appInfo element or the use of non-native attributes. These can be
added directly to an XML Schema with affecting XML Schema validity. An
application or second level validator can then use this information to
validate context-aware constraints. Instead of waiting for the XML Schema WG
to create this functionality for a future version of XML Schema, create one
yourself today so that the Schema WG can use it as input for the next
version.

This should be done for any feature anyone believes should be part of XML
Schema but isn't.

David Cleary
Progress Software