RE: What is the advantage of RELAX in comparison to Schemas?

And that solution could enable a different RDDL
description to specify different rules.  As with
the business object, different rules for different
situations.   The means of choosing a situation
become important, but that is what GUI is for or
if you want to push the edge, an agent that reasons
by analogy.

I don't see why XML Schema can't wait for new
layers if the requirement can be handled as
you suggest.  Pragmatically, I resist adding
more features to a system already scary to
the uninitiated.  Schematron enables those
that need rules to get experience with the
hard realities of trying to convince multiple
agencies to share them or to expend resources
to customize them locally.  Darwinian means
for an evolving problem seem appropriate.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h