Re: Disabling DTD Validation Cont.

 Antony (ELSLON) wrote -

> I understand that, but assuming I didnt realy care about entities and wished
> them to be left alone is this possible. Say for example i wish to walk a DOM
> tree and extract a particular subtree of the document and store that.

The thing is, the parser can't know what a random entity was supposed to be
unless it goes and checks its value.  The parser can't even know if the entity
is well formed without checking.   It seems you would like to tell the parser
"Pretend that all unknown entity references are really just characters."
Since there is no such behavior specified in the xml Rec, no wonder that it's
hit-or-miss whether you can do it with any given processor.

Cheers,

Tom P