Re: Wanted: GUI XML

Heinz Wehner asked

> I've been looking for DTDs that attempt to define complete GUIs.
> The idea is to describe a GUI in XML and then parse it in order
> to generate the (Java, C++, ...) code that displays and controls
> the GUI.
>
> Does anybody know some links to get started?

There is a comercial product, Mozquito, which defines browser interfaces in
xml.   Unfortunately, it realizes them by writing complex javascript - the
whole page is basically a set of javascript functions - and that's probably
not really what you are after.  But could look at their documentation to get
an idea of another way to model a GUI with xml.

http://www.mozquito.org/

Cheers,

Tom P