-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Jelliffe [mailto:ricko@allette.com.au]

Yes. That is my point (in answer to Len's question),
   * that grammars and path-based rule systems are not equally expressive;
   * that grammars and path-based rule systems are not a subset, either of
      the other; and
   * that the structures that grammars can handle which  path-based rule
     systems cannot are less useful and of dubious merit (because there
     are structures present which are not labelled and therefore
inaccessible
     to standard API-based systems that
     just use the infoset; to say these structures are significant puts us
     on the slippery slope to PSVI.)