Re: Are we losing out because of grammars?

> >schema requirement? That can be expressed in some grammar languages but not
> >others.
>
> Not a basic requirement.  I don't know of any simple grammar that would
> express that easily.  Rules+DOM are probably needed.  I put this at layer 3.

A case for Schematron (an extension taking care of February 29 would be
easy to add):

<pattern name = "Year months">
	<rule context="year">
               <report test = "count(month[1]/day)=31">January
OK.</report>
               <report test = "count(month[2]/day)=28">February
OK.</report>
          </rule>
     </pattern>