RE: XML Query Languages

Title: RE: XML Query Languages

At the moment, XPath is the closest thing there is to a widely supported XML query language standard.

There are a number of less widely supported XML query languages out there, some of which inspired XPath.  See the workshop proceedings you can find at http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/

There's now a W3C XML Query activity http://www.w3.org/XML/Query that may be close to putting out a first draft of their proposed query language.

I believe that there's a parallel activity in "ISO/IEC JTC1/SC32" to define XML extensions to the SQL standard.  I know little about its status ... can anybody point me to a public Web page for this project, or briefly summarize it?