Any order (Re: best markup practices, different communities)

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>

>The '&' model, which works extremely well for database recordsets and is
>effectively used every day all day in a wide variety of application, has
>somewhat catastrophic problems when introduced to the rest of the XML
>grammar, and was therefore excluded.  Data-oriented developers now get to
>worry about sequence on a much more regular basis.

Note that the problem of "in any order" does not necessarily cause problems
with grammars: it is an implementation decision whether to use FSMs for
those kinds of particles.  (And, if you are using some non-grammar-based
schema toolkit whose name I won't BORE everyone with, "in any order" does
not pose any problems at all :-)

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe