Re: XML Parser in Servlet Performance Problem

Hi,

At the beginning of the week I posted a description of a problem I was
having with XML parser performance when running as a servlet vs. when
running as an application. Thanks to all the helpful people on this
list, I have determined that the problem was not with parsing per se,
but with what I was doing with the SAX events from the parsing. What I
was doing was calling Class.forName() in the startElement() event in
order to match document elements with existing Java classes. Very
clever, except that it uses the ClassLoader, which in the case of a
Servlet has to do some fairly extensive processing before it comes back
with the requested Class.

So thanks again,

Jeff