Why Model Concepts? (Was RE: Object Role Modelling (ORM) or UML o r ??for designing Schemas)

Just for documentation, anybody:

    WHY do we need *conceptual* models? (not
    how as in UML or IDEF methodologies)

Perry is right.  XML Doesn't Care.  XML Doesn't Know.
Care and knowledge are in the application processor.
It is a local network node with layers of interpretation
above and below it.

IMO, we need it to make notions like the semantic
web work reliably.  Long before the machines process machine
processable descriptions, humans have to agree
on what those descriptions mean.

What is the relationship of the conceptual model
to the ontology?  Or the schema to RDF?

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.