-----Original Message-----
From: Simon St.Laurent [mailto:simonstl@simonstl.com]

At 01:21 PM 2/14/01 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Exactly.  So, when do we want to [model concepts]?

I don't want to model them.

I tend to think that concepts grow from ugly little larval experiences,
which sometimes survive to wrap themselves in a chrysalis and emerge as a
beautiful butterfly.

You can model butterflies in clay or glass, but then you've just got a clay
or glass butterfly.  You can tell me that it's a real butterfly, but I can
disagree with that easily.  You can also collect and categorize
butterflies, putting them in neat glass boxes, but then you've got a bunch
of dead butterflies.

Sometimes it's better to let the butterflies thrive than to stamp your own
order on them.