RE: intertwined specs

At 12:17 PM 2/16/01 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>I think that is so, but all evolution is not progress.  It is evolution.
>This complexity curve is inevitable.  As the tower grows taller, the
>base grows wider (if you build top down).  If you build bottom up,
>the base must be as wide as the components of the tower enable it
>to get high.   Somewhere between earth and heaven, the walls come
>tumbling down.
>
>Do you feel a rumbling?

Privately - all the time.

Publicly?  Most people ignore as much of this as they possibly can, and are
frightened of the ever-growing volumes in the XML sections of
bookstores.  That doesn't lead to a lot of discussion on mailing lists, though.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML