Re: SAX InputSource and character streams

> Mike, I don't think you need to worry about the encoding in this case.
> Obviously it is an implementational thing, but I would argue that it makes
> no sense for a SAX parser to try to validate the encoding string contained
> within a character stream (java.io.Reader).
> [...]

That's what I thought. Since there does not seem to be anything in the SAX
API that says this explicitly, I decided I should ask before making the
assumption that all implementations would ignore the encoding declaration.

Thanks for the detailed response!

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at            My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA              http://skew.org/xml/