RE: XQuery -- Reinventing the Wheel?

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > I have been given to understand that XQuery supports searches across a
> > collection of XML documents and XPath does not.  Are you saying that
> > this understanding is incorrect?
>
> XPath doesn't, but XSLT does with the document() function.

Per my last post, XSLT not only supports access to documents via the
document() function, but access to a collection of documents as one source
tree, which would provide new functionality over the document() function.
Note that this is symmetrical to what's provided in XQuery; in XQuery, you
can access documents via the document() function (which it silently borrows
from XSLT), and you can access documents via an "implicit root node".

Evan Lenz
XYZFind Corp.