Re: XSLT Performance (was BLANK)

> My customers have continued using protocols like MQ instead of XML with XSLT
> for EAI in integration between components and automated workflow because of
> performance issues.  When talking with David Turner (Microsoft), he calls
> them "perceived performance issues."  Is performance of XSLT implementations
> for largescale EAI/B2B integrations real or perceived?

Well, how old is MQ Series?  How old is XSLT?  How old is XQuery?

MQ is efficient because it has developed its efficiency.  XSLT
implementations will have to do a lot of maturing before they catch up,
but so will XQuery implementations.

No one is saying that people move to Saxon, MSXSL or 4XSL for large-scale
document query.  My point is that XSLT has a sufficient framework that
with some lightweight additions, very efficient implementations can and
will emerge.