Why not reinventing the wheel ?

I enjoy XSLT a lot, but if some brilliant guys think they can define a
language that is better fitted for some purposes why should I worry
--even if there is a huge overlap ?

If it happens that the new language is a better fit than XSLT to do some
of the tasks I have to do it will save my time. If not I'll continue
using XSLT. Where is the problem with trying something else ?

Some competition between may be a good motivation and I would rather
regret that XSLT has been lacking credible competitors and alternatives
for such a long time.

I see competition as simulating and source of diversity and richness (if
it's true for schemas, why not for XSLT? ).

If people had not always being trying to reinvent the wheel our cars
would roll on logs...

Eric
--
See you in Austin (Knowledge Technologies 2001)
              http://www.gca.org/attend/2001_conferences/kt_2001/mon.htm