Re: XQuery and XSLT - Five Year from Now

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Jay Zhang wrote:

> My hunch is that, five years from now, XSLT will be like Perl. People
> write some isolated XSLT scripts to do some transformation here and
> there. XQuery would be like SQL. It will be pervasively used
> everywhere. It could be THE language of XML.

<language_religion_rant>
If you would, please pick a different language (say, REBOL or Lisp ;) )
for your example. I (and many others) regularly write *much* more than
'some isolated (Perl) scripts to do some transformation here and there' on
a regular basis. I've personally written hundreds of thousands of lines of
mostly object oriented Perl in the last three years.

Thank you.
</language_religion_rant>

--
Benjamin Franz

... with proper design, the features come cheaply. This
approach is arduous, but continues to succeed.

                                     ---Dennis Ritchie