<xinclude> & unimplementable specs

It was mentioned a moment ago that at the W3C, if a spec is
unimplementable, it doesn't go forward. At the XML Devcon last week I
got the impression from one of the speakers (I think either Henry
Thomson or Richard Tobin) that there were implementation problems with
xinclude which are slowing down it's progress.

Question is, was my impression wrong? If not, what are the problems
and how difficult are they to overcome? I'm sure I'm not the only one
that is wanting xinclude to be implemented ASAP, so I'm very curious
as to how long it is actually likely to be until it gets supported.

--
May the flares be with you,
 Kevin                   mailto:xmldude@burieddreams.com

+++++++++++++ Cool music - http://mp3.com/marshan