Re: SAX-ext Attribute + Entity Parsing

I think you can turn this behavior on and off with expat directly.  If SAX
won't do it, for good reasons, then choose a parser and write directly to
it.  If I remember it right, this issue was discussed during SAX design.  It
was agreed that editing applications wouldn't be able to use SAX.  SAX
starts w/ at least well-formed XML.  An editor might start from scratch, a
DTD, or malformed XML.

take it easy,
Charles Reitzel